The Scene Around the Throne Revelation 4 – 5
As we lift our faces from the floor Heaven’s Throne Room, we see God’s Throne. Let’s take a minute to envision the scene:
- The One on the Throne has the appearance of jasper and ruby
- A rainbow that shone like an emerald encircling the Throne
- 24 other thrones surrounding the Throne with 24 elders seated
- The 24 elders lay their crowns at the feet of the One on the Throne
- From the Throne came flashes of lightning and peals of thunder
- In front of the Throne were the 7 lamps of the seven Spirits of God
- Before the Throne was a sea of glass, like crystal
- In the midst of the Throne stood a Lamp like it had been slain
Any one of these descriptors is enough to fill a book but take them all together and we are served up a picture that should shut our mouths and send us to our knees. The word “throne” is used 12 times in Revelation 4 offering the most graphic picture of God in the Bible. The 24 elders are symbolic of the raptured church in heaven before the start of the Tribulation. While the earth erupts in judgment, we are in heaven witnessing Christ’s corranation and praising God. As the end of the world approaches, God assures us that He is on the Throne. The pictures we see in Revelation 4 and 5 show us God is enthroned, the church is raptured, and Christ is crowned King of kings! Hold onto that friends. It has the power to get you through difficult days.
There are no reviews yet.