Your Title Goes Here
The Promised Land
The land must not be sold permanently because the land is Mine and you are but aliens and My tenants ~ Leviticus 25:23
The land promise was first made to Abraham (Genesis 12:1, 7), then confirmed to his son Isaac (Genesis 26:3), and then to Isaac’s son Jacob (Genesis 28:13). The Promised Land was described in terms of the territory from the River of Egypt to the Euphrates river (Exodus 23:31).
There are 170 references stating that God gave the land to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Israel. To verify its borders, 15 times God lays out the survey-boundaries of the land in scripture. 55 times the Bible records that God confirmed the gift of land by an oath (Gen. 15). Twelve times He states the Abrahamic Covenant (Gen. 12:1-3, 7) is an everlasting covenant. Most importantly, God promised the land of Canaan to the Jewish people as an unconditional covenant – a covenant not based on anything Israel does but solely on God Himself!
1. The Lord appeared to Abram and said, “To your offspring I will give this land.” [Genesis 12:7]
2. “All the land that you see I will give to you and your offspring forever.” [Genesis 13:15]
3. “Go, walk through the length and breadth of the land, for I am giving it to you.” [Genesis 13:17]
4. “He also said to him: “I am the Lord, who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans to give you this land to take possession of it.” [Genesis 15:7]
5. “On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram and said, “To your descendants I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates …” [Genesis 15:18]
First Baptist Church of Mauldin
150 S. Main St.
Mauldin, SC 29662