Direct Hit!!!
Stunning Daylight Airstrike!

4/4/24 By Tim Buck
Fotet.org

 

Israel Takes Out The Consulate Of Iran In Damascus Syria With Stunning Daylight Airstrike That Killed Top Iranian General In The Process!

Iran’s consulate in the Syrian capital of Damascus was flattened earlier this week in what Syrian and Iranian media described as an Israeli air strike, a startling apparent escalation of conflict in the Middle East that would pit Israel against Iran and its allies.

Right now, Israel is fighting wars on 3 fronts, all of them deadly serious.

First, Israel is still knee-deep battling Hamas in Gaza that’s been going on for 6 months now, and is about to escalate when the IDF moves into Rafah.

Second, Israel has near-daily, cross-border skirmishes with Hezbollah in Lebanon that seems to be growing more intense.

Lastly, Israel has been defending against terror attacks in the so-called West Bank through imbedded Iranian proxies which continue to escalate.

“Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.”
Zechariah 12:2

In Damascus, in a daring daylight attack, with great precision, Israel leveled the Iranian consulate in Syria, and in doing so killed top general Mohammad Reza Zahedi.

The Jerusalem Post reports that “Zahedi is the highest-ranking Iranian killed since the current war started, even higher than Sayyed Reza Mousavi, who was killed in December. Besides his wide-ranging responsibilities for terror on Israel’s borders, he was the highest-level interlocutor for Tehran with Hezbollah.”

The Iranian Embassy in Syria said in a statement that “F-35 planes fired six missiles into the Iranian consulate in Damascus” which sits next to the Iranian Embassy.

I don’t think we will have to wait all that long until Iran responds, do you?

Israel, which has repeatedly hit Iranian targets during the six-month war in Gaza, declined to comment on the incident, following its usual practice. An Israeli military spokesperson said: “We do not comment on reports in the foreign media.”

Iran’s Tasnim news agency said five people were killed in the Israeli strike. Syria’s SANA state news agency reported an unspecified number of deaths and injuries.

Since the Iranian-backed Hamas’ attack on Israel on Oct. 7, Israel has ramped up airstrikes in Syria against Lebanon’s Iranian-backed Hezbollah militia and Iran’s Guards, both of which support the Syrian government of President Bashar al-Assad.

 

 

Iran Vows Revenge
Iran’s supreme leader openly threatens Israel, says ‘evil Zionist regime will be punished.’

The Iranian regime continues to threaten Israel with a strong response after one of its top generals, Mohammad Reza Zahedi, along with his deputy and several other high-ranking Iranian military officials, was killed in an Israeli airstrike on a building adjacent to the Iranian embassy in Damascus on Monday.

Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Nasser Kanaani threatened an appropriate response without elaborating.

“The Islamic Republic reserves its rights to take reciprocal actions and will decide the type of reaction and punishment of the aggressor,” Kanaani stated.

Zahedi was a top commander in the Iranian elite Quds Force and is the highest-ranking Iranian official to be eliminated since the U.S. killing of the late Iranian general, Qassem Soleimani, in Baghdad in 2020.

Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei openly threatened Israel.

“The evil Zionist regime will be punished by our courageous men. We will make them regret this and other crimes like it, by God’s power and strength,” Khamenei said.

Hezi Simantov, an Arab Affairs commentator for Israel’s Channel 13 news, described Zahedi’s significance to the regime’s broad regional terror proxy strategy, indicating that he was Iran’s point man in its relations with the Lebanon-based terrorist group Hezbollah.

“A very senior member of the Iranian hierarchy, he managed the entire operation of smuggling weapons from Syria to Lebanon. He was a very senior person who can be said to have given Israel a lot of headaches in the last twenty years for all his exploits in his involvement in terrorism. This is the most senior Iranian who has been eliminated so far since October 7 on Syrian soil,” Simantov stated.

In addition, Zahedi was in charge of various pro-Iran militias in Syria and had supported terror groups in Iraq which posed a threat to U.S. forces and interests in the Middle East.

While Tehran will likely respond to the elimination of its top commander, the Iranian regime’s options are limited.

Behnam Ben Taleblu, a senior fellow at the Foundation For Defense of Democracies (FDD), believes that Iran’s reaction will likely be restrained, taking into account its conventional military capabilities, which are relatively weaker than those of Israel and the U.S.

“While the Islamic Republic thrives on conflict, it still can ill afford an outright war. Despite this, prudence dictates that policymakers should not dismiss Iranian threats to respond as cheap talk. Evolving Iranian drone and missile capabilities are lowering the bar for the use of attributable force by Iran,” Taleblu wrote.

The elimination of the top Iranian general comes at a time when Tehran is reportedly focusing on completing its nuclear program while the international community is preoccupied with the wars in Ukraine and Gaza.

Syrian journalist Majd Kanaan doubts that Iran will dare directly initiate an attack against Israel.

“The Khomeini regime in Iran is experiencing its worst period. It is in unnatural humiliation and cannot respond, even though Israel is only a few hundred kilometers away from Damascus, and they have large forces stationed in the Syrian capital,” Kanaan told The Media Line.

“The most we will see is bombing some empty American bases in Iraq. This is all they can do,” he added.

Iran typically extends its influence and agenda through its regional proxies, such as Hamas, Hezbollah and the Houthis, which are all supported by Iran and already engaged in conflicts. Israel believes Iran may target softer sites outside of the Middle East, like Israeli embassies or Jewish institutions, and has heightened security at all of its embassies worldwide.

 

 

Hamas Has Ceased to Function in Most of Gaza, says Defense Chief

Hamas no longer functioning as a military force in most of Gaza, says Defense Minister Gallant, but adds the terror group still has four battalions still operational in Rafah.

The Hamas terrorist organization has lost its capacity to operate as a military fighting force in most of the Gaza Strip, Israel’s defense chief said Tuesday, while warning that the group remains a viable force inside the border city of Rafah.

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant (Likud) addressed a hearing of the Knesset’s Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee Tuesday, briefing lawmakers on the status of the war, and the IDF’s ongoing efforts to return hostages taken by Hamas and other Gaza terror groups.

“Military pressure was and remains the main and most significant element in ensuring the return of the hostages,” Gallant said.

“The advanced stage we have reached in dismantling Hamas and the information that we have gained from terrorists, empower us at the negotiation table and enable us to make difficult decisions. I am committed to returning all the hostages to their homes.”

Gallant emphasized that Hamas has been effectively dismantled as a military force in most of the Gaza Strip, but still maintains four operational battalions in Rafah, the last Hamas stronghold in Gaza.

“Hamas is hiding in tunnels, they have lost command and control capabilities, the battalion frameworks in most parts of the strip have ceased to function.”

“The Hamas brigade in Rafah however, is still standing, with its four battalions. We will address this soon,” Gallant continued, alluding to Israel’s planned Rafah operation

The Defense Minister also said the Israeli military needs to increase its manpower, pushing for the recruitment of more Ultra-Orthodox Jews, as the government mulls a replacement draft law to address the status of Ultra-Orthodox yeshiva students.

 

 

Hamas leader-in-exile Ismail Haniyeh,
Doubles down on demands for total Israeli withdrawal from Gaza as condition for hostage deal

Hamas chief Ismail Haniyeh on Wednesday ruled out a compromise with Israel for a hostage deal, doubling down on the terror group’s demands which Israel has already ruled out.

Speaking in a televised address marking Al-Quds Day, Ismail Haniyeh, chairman of the Hamas politburo in exile in Qatar, said the terror group would not agree to a hostage deal without the total withdrawal of Israeli forces from Gaza, the full return of Gazans to all portions of the Strip, an end to the security blockade of Gaza, expanded aid permitted into the coastal enclave, and the reconstruction of Gaza.

“We are committed to our demands: the permanent ceasefire, comprehensive and complete withdrawal of the enemy out of the Gaza Strip, the return of all displaced people to their homes, allowing all aid needed for our people in Gaza, rebuilding the Strip, lifting the blockade and achieving an honourable prisoner exchange deal,” Haniyeh said.

The terror chief accused Israel of continuing to “evade, resist” responding to Hamas’ demands.

Israel has offered a six-week truce and the release of hundreds of jailed terrorists, including a number of high-profile terrorists convicted of major offenses, in exchange for the release of approximately 40 Israeli captives held hostage in Gaza since October 7th.

There are a total of 134 Israeli hostages still in Gaza, though as many as half may no longer be alive, according to an Israeli official who spoke with Ha’aretz.

Israeli leaders, including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, have repeatedly ruled out a permanent ceasefire and vowed to carried out the IDF’s much-anticipated ground operation in Rafah, the last remaining Hamas stronghold in the Gaza Strip.